Here's a sneak peek:
Reasons to love Art Journaling:
- Anything goes! It's a great place to experiment with your creativity. If your ideas work out, great! If not, who cares & move on to the next page!
- You don't have to decide what to do with finished projects. You know when you make something that's sort of "meh" but you feel guilty not displaying it or using it in someway after you invested time, money and effort? With art journaling you don't have to worry about that. Everything is saved in one convenient little spot.
- Creative evolution! It's fun seeing the different techniques you decide to use over time. There are so many brilliant mediums to use, so have fun and see where your own creative journey leads you!
- Sneaky, colorful introspection. Each pages creatively represents you in that moment in time. I like that it is a more subtle way to express yourself than articulating in words. I find this form of expression so much more freeing and so much less intimidating.
- You can do it anywhere & distractions don't matter. Lately I've been taking my little art journal box with me to coffee shops and parks. I have my supplies and my journal and begin creating. Unlike journaling that requires (for me, at least) my full attention, I can art journal in almost any environment. Today I took our pups to the dog park and created as they played. It was the perfect afternoon.
If you need some inspiration, I've been collecting a lot of great posts on my Pinterest board and am constantly adding to it. It's amazing to see the creativity of others.
(Oh, and how adorable is this photo? Love them.)